5 Ways to Make the Most of Your Digital Photo Purchase: New Years 2012 Edition!
I sell digital images. I do. Everything in our lives are digital. Are they my favorite to sell? No. Why you ask? I want you to look at these pictures of your family and children every day and most of the time, when digitals are purchased, they sit on your disk, sit on your disk, and then sit on your disk some more. So Melissa, what’s your point? I’m here to help, again!
Make the most of your digital purchase New Year’s 2012 Edition!
First – let’s discuss what you CAN do with your digitals and what my copyrighted images may not be used for:
- Print, print, and print in the original photo state.
- Prints, canvases, cards, whatever else you would like.
- Use for social sharing (i.e. Facebook…). You do not have to put my name on them, but I sure would appreciate that gesture!
You may not:
- Use the picture for advertising (nor can any other company that enjoys the picture)
- Enter the picture in contests
- Alter the image
- Pass the image off as your own
Now that we understand usage, know that I include, on the disk, preferred printing places as well as a 5×7 print from my professional print company. This image is a great reference to show you just how great the image can and SHOULD look. I will HIGHLY discourage you from printing from in-store type printers (think Target, Walmart…). These printers do not print the images well.
So now let’s get rolling with some of my FAVORITE PRODUCTS and IDEAS from around the web for average consumers- these are all products that I do not offer.
1. What’s better to start 2012 off right but with a photo calendar to stare at your little munchkins face all year long?! Kodak’s website offers some really great photo calendar options – with background changes, multiple images, and it is all quite user friendly! The even offer magnet calendars, mousepad calendars, and poster calendars.
from Kodak Picture Kiosk
2. Photo Jewelry. There are some simply stunning items around the web, but beware, you want them to know how to deal with an image and make sturdy jewelry. I am head over heels for this beautiful charm necklace.
from Kimbra Studios
3. A growth chart! See how much your little ones grows throughout 2012 – and beyond…
4. A Zazzle iPhone case – I’m embarrassed to admit what I’m going to tell you… I resisted upgrading my iPhone because I was enamored with my previous case with Abby’s adorable little face on it… I knew that the case wouldn’t fit the new iPhone and I fought it to the end… and then gave in to a new phone. I still shed a tear for that case that is sitting in my drawer – it’s like your first car that you never want to give up, right? So- start the year fresh with a new ‘lookin’ phone and look at those baby faces!
Have you purchased one of these products? What did ya think?! Give me a comment and let me know!!